Our PeopleDesmond Kinch
- (a) an individual whose net worth is at least CI$800,000 or its equivalent in any other currency; or
- (b)any person that has total assets of not less than CI$4,000,000 or its equivalent in any other currency.
- (a) regulated by the Authority;
- (b) regulated by a recognised overseas Authority;
- (c) any of whose securities are listed on a recognised securities exchange; or
- (d) who:-
- (i) by virtue of knowledge and experience in financial and business matters is reasonably to be regarded as capable of evaluating the merits of a proposed transaction; and
- (ii) participates in a transaction with a value or in monetary amounts of at least CI$80,000 or its equivalent in any other currency, in the case of each single transaction.
Overseas Asset Management was founded by Desmond Kinch in 1989. Desmond was educated at Seaford College in England and Bishop’s University in Canada, where he received a first class honours degree with a major in Finance. Before forming the company, he worked at Clerical Medical Investment Group in London (now part of HBOS Plc), NatWest International Trust Co. (now Coutts and Co.) in the Cayman Islands, and for the Manager of Pharos S.A., an institutionally-owned investment holding company in Luxembourg. Desmond is also a past president of the Cayman Islands Society of Financial Analysts (CSFA). The CSFA is an affiliate chapter of the CFA Institute.
Desmond has in the past served on several volunteer boards including as Deputy Chairman for the National Gallery of the Cayman Islands and as a Director for the National Trust for the Cayman Islands.
Contact Desmond Kinch
P: (345) 949 8787 or (345) 949 8780
F: (345) 949 7760